The amended version of CM Gallo’s STR resolution is on the agenda for the City Council meeting this Thursday, June 18, 2015.
At the August 20, 2015, recommend that the City Council initiate the following code amendments suggested by the Code Department:
Add a penalty for non-compliance.
Add a penalty for operating with an expired license.
Allow the Code Department to inspect STRs.
Require an occupancy limit statement on STR advertisements.
Strike the existing code that allows STRs to advertise without a license.
Here’s a link to the recording of the public hearing on the STR resolution:
Ordinance changing regulations for accessory dwelling units is also on Thursday’s Council agenda. The proposed ordinance, as it currently stands from recommendations provided by the Planning Commission, is copied below:
Summary of proposed code changes:
1) Reduce building separation from 15 feet to 10 feet.
2) Allow an entrance within 10 feet of a property line.
3) Remove driveway placement requirement.
4) Change parking requirement to 1 off street space for all secondary units (was formerly 2 off street spaces for residences outside of the urban core)
5) Prohibit use as Type 2 Short Term Rental
6) Apply the ordinance citywide, i.e., to all properties throughout the city that can currently build an ADU
Below are some additional links for your reference:
Council Agenda Staff Report: http://austin.siretechnologies.com/sirepub/cache/2/i2sbkwcv1mcvx1gfttloeoyv/101779306162015120716452.PDF
Planning and Neighborhoods Council Committee hearing, under Item 3: http://austintx.swagit.com/play/06152015-624