The next question: How much of Proposition 1’s $400 million for roads would be spent on miles of new roads for Austin commuters? The 2014 Austin Strategic Mobility Plan describes those six projects.
(1) $120 million – Downtown IH35/Riverside: Access roads and interchange replacement, Urban Rail crossing over IH35.
(2) $90 million – IH35 interchange replacements at Oltorf, Stassney, William Cannon.
(3) $81.5 million – SH71 Direct Access to the airport, plus structure for future rail extension.
(4) $34 million - US183/East Riverside Interchange, plus structure for future rail extension.
(5) $30 million – Regional Transportation Management Center.
(6) $44.5 million – Studies on eight roadways, several of them for future rail extension.
Ask yourself: Are these Regionally Significant Roadway Projects that will relieve congestion, as promised in the bond language? Are we getting any miles of new lanes for our congested roads around Austin?
read more :