Barring any unforeseen weather events, Northern Walnut Creek Trail Phase 1 is expected to reach substantial completion in early 2016.
Please contact Project Manager Richard Duane at 512-974-7730 Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.
Phase 1A has been broken up into two stages to speed up construction and reduce inconvenience to the neighborhood. The southern stage of the project includes the trail from Mopac to the south side of the baseball field in Balcones District Park. It will be included as part of the Waters Park Relief Main project. The northern stage of Phase 1A will build a trail south of Scribe Drive between Amherst Drive and the south side of the baseball field in the Balcones District Park.
Work in progress for the northern portion of the trail:
· Coordinating with environmental agencies
· The City consultant has completed 90% design on the Waters Park Relief Main project (WPRM), tree mitigation, utility easements, and received variances from environmental agencies for the WPRM project.
· The City has finished investigating various alternatives for the low water crossing and believes the current design is the best compromise available for the entire neighborhood.
· The project should begin advertising in January and construction should start in summer 2016. Construction will take approximately 18 months to complete.
· The project will include a milestone in the contract to complete the southern portion of the trail in 1 year from start of construction.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this project, please contact Project Manager Clay Harris email@example.com or 512-974-7895.